Somewhere along the path of mindfulness/meditation, usually in the beginning, we stop and ask if this is really DOING anything? If it wasn’t for everything I read and listened to about mindfulness telling me to keep going, I probably would have found other interests…. however, boy am I glad I stuck with it… why? It was subtle, but here’s what I started to notice….
* I was focussing on what I WANT more, as opposed to what I DIDN’T WANT
* I became more aware of myself, what I liked and didn’t like, because of the way I was feeling inside
* It became easier to say NO to things that didn’t serve me
* The sky and nature in general became very vivid and beautiful… I felt like saying “why didn’t anyone tell me the world was so beautiful?”
* Days flowed more smoothly… they didn’t get less busy and life wasn’t necessarily easier, in fact in some ways it was harder, but there was more purpose and meaning as I knew I was doing what felt right for me
Those are some of the sneaky ways that paying attention in the moment have changed my life, so when you are doubting… stick with it.. and when you doubt some more…. keep going!