Anxiety? Trauma? Chronic Pain?
They all work together, and leave you feeling exhausted, agitated and unsafe in your body and mind.
I can help you move through pain and fear and together we will find a road that leads to your healing and feeling safe in your body and your life again.
You are not a problem to fix. You are a human to hold.
As we sit and allow what is happening in this moment, we begin to see through the fear, resistance and old conditioning that keeps pain stuck.
Through a combination of EMDR, Pain Reprocessing Therapy and mindfulness, it is possible to heal and thrive in the face of pain and anxiety.
I have many years of experience in trauma and pain and if you feel stuck, I hope you will join me in one of my courses or contact me about individual therapy.
Mindful Living Now is the website of Mindbody Solutions, dedicated to exploring, developing and delivering classes, counselling and programs to improve well-being. Madeleine Eames, the owner, is a psychotherapist, speaker, author, yoga instructor and mindfulness practitioner.
- Certified in Pain Reprocessing Therapy
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, (MBSR)
- EMDR (2008)(Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprogramming)
- Somatic Therapy for Trauma and Pain, Dr. Arielle Schwartz
- Mindfulness for Pain, Dr. Ron Seigel
- How the Body Keeps Score, Dr. Bessel van der Kolk
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) with Dr. David Burns
- Certificate in Mindbody Medicine from Henry Benson Institute at Harvard University
- Mindfulness Based Pain Management Certificate (MBCPM), 2019, Dr. Jackie Gardner-Nix.
- Certified Empowered Relief instructor, a Stanford 2-hour research validated pain management skills class.
- Explain Pain Education certification.
- Yoga for Chronic Pain Certificate, 2015, Neil Pearson
- One year study program in Embodied Leadership and Embodied Yoga Principles
- 500hr yoga teacher training, South Okanagan Yoga Academy, (2013), focus on yoga for anxiety and chronic pain.
- Breathe to Heal training 2017, Max Strom
- Trauma Sensitive Yoga, Yoga Outreach
Masters in Social Work, University of Toronto, 1992
BA Psychology/Sociology, Lakehead University, 1988