When we notice through mindfulness that our minds rend to veer down the path of worry and anxiety, we need a process to practice that will get us out the the past or the future, which is where worry resides, and into the NOW.
Consider these steps and make them a part of your daily thoughts:
1) Make a commitment to believe that worry is useless and has no effect on the outcome.
2) Take a moment to take some long, slow breaths and try to be mindful of your breath as it goes in and out. Relax your body.
3) Notice the story that you are telling yourself and know that it is one of many stories that float through your mind.
4) In a relaxed body, look at other possible perspectives. Also, check out the emotion under the worry ie. sadness, fear
5) Breathe out the feeling and breathe in an affirmation such as “I’m doing the best I can” or “I am safe”.
6) Continue with your day
VOILA…. Alchemy at work…